Lifestyle child theme by StudioPress is one of the most popular and robust themes out there.
We like it so much that we chose it for our own site. But one thing we wished it had is more colors. Not all the default colors were great and it missed some of the common colors. So, we thought: Why not add more color styles to it? It is a GPL theme after all and it seemed fun to do it:)
Here you go !
We added two more color schemes namely, Golden and Wine.
1. Download our Colorful Lifestyle pack.
2.. This is not a stand alone theme. This contains only few modified files that should be replaced in Lifestyle child theme made by StudioPress. Please purchase Lifestyle child theme and Genesis theme framework.
Once you have the Lifestyle child theme, get the files in the Colorful Lifestyle pack and replace the following original files:
Copy the golden and wine headers and thumbs one by one to the following folders:
Please do not replace the whole folders.
Rename the Lifestyle theme folder as colorful-lifestyle .
3. Upload the Colorful Lifestyle child theme folder via FTP to your wp-content/themes/ directory. (The Genesis parent theme needs to be in the wp-content/themes/ directory as well.)
4. Go to your WordPress dashboard and select Appearance.
5. Activate the Colorful Lifestyle theme.
6. Inside your WordPress dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings and configure them to your liking.
Initially, we thought of calling this as a grand child theme 🙂 But we realized that a modified child theme is also a child theme !
Do you like this idea? Would you like more colors for Lifestyle and for other themes? Just let us know and we will be glad to do it.